Careers Back End Developer + Sysadmin
You're an experienced coder who loves connecting APIs and finding ways to automate processes.
Back End Developer + Sysadmin
You'll be working across a lot of projects, writing the core algorithms and connecting to the data sources that power our applications.
You will spend a lot of time with Zend Framework, Django, Facebook's Graph API and the Linux command line, so you should have experience with at least some of those, and interest in any others.
Knowledge of Java or Objective C would definitely be an advantage, as would experience with APIs for YouTube, Google+, Twitter, Google Maps etc. You love playing with APIs and connecting them together, so that's not a problem anyway, right?
We're looking for people who live for code and love to collaborate. You'll be core to the team on most projects and people will look to you to tell them what's possible and which solution would be best. Preference will be given to developers with skills in other areas as well, be it Objective C or Java programming, music, video editing, photography, electronics or motion graphics.
- You have inside-out experience with PHP and/or Python and MVC frameworks, preferably Zend Framework or Django;
- You know your Ubuntu from your Centos - you either love vi or you're prepared to defend your love of emacs daily;
- You're up to date with the latest developments on Facebook, Google products and Twitter - you work with these and other APIs all the time;
- You've got experience with Amazon Web Services, or are interested in learning about them;
- You understand what causes load, what to do about it and when to make sure the User Experience is adjusted to minimise it;
- If you know Java, specifically Android or Red5 that would be a definite advantage;
- If you have worked with AppEngine that would help too;
- If you know or are interested to learn Objective C or AS3 that'd be useful too;
- Experience or interest in technologies like websockets, streaming are the kinds of things that's help too;
- Experience working with digital video as source material would be beneficial;
- You know how the web works;
- Have interest and/or knowledge in other emergent technologies.
This position requires at least 4+ years experience in a senior developer role, preferably in an agency or production company environment.
Music lovers, film geeks, video gamers, Internet nerds and whiskey drinkers will be welcomed with open arms.