Careers Front End Developer
Front End Developer
You will be a key member of Stinkdigital, with input into creative decisions and pitches, as well as ownership of all front-end code produced by the studio. You'll work closely with the design team and with the other developers, creative and producers in the team.
You'll be coding designs and prototypes into cross-browser and cross-platform HTML/CSS/JS with the emphasis on progressive enhancement across multiple platforms and devices. Understanding the principles of modular CSS and responsive build techniques are a must.
Experience of Backbone, Require.js, AMD, NodeJS and build systems (e.g Grunt) would be useful though not essential
We're looking for people who live for code and love to collaborate. You will be at the heart of the creative process so a good appreciation of usability and interaction design will be required. Preference will be given to developers with skills in other areas as well, be it Objective C or Java programming, music, video editing, photography, electronics or motion graphics.
Required technical expertise:
• You have inside-out experience with front-end HTML and CSS;
• Knowledge of Backbone, Require.js, AMD, NodeJS and build systems (e.g Grunt)
• You know all there is to know about HTML5, which browsers support which functionality, and how to fall back to a rich experience for the others.
• Have expert experience with accessibility, cross browser requirements, and graceful degradation;
• Possess proven experience with Adobe applications;
• You have knowledge of PHP and Smarty;
• Have interest and/or knowledge in other emergent technologies.
• You're enthusiastic and have a passion for learning about and developing emergent technologies;
• You can plan, prioritize and manage your workload across multiple projects;
• You are comfortable discussing and explaining your solutions with non-technical staff;
• You enjoy working in a team environment and contributing to the team's ideas;
• You're passionate about current industry trends and developments;
• Recognize the fun, freedom, responsibility, inherent challenge and long-term benefits of getting involved with a fledgling but very promising company on the ground level.
This position requires at least 4+ years experience creating and designing for the web, preferably in an agency or production company environment.
Music lovers, film geeks, video gamers, Internet nerds and whiskey drinkers will be welcomed with open arms.